ISC West, the largest converged security event in the U.S., announced the lineup for its 2019 education sessions, in collaboration with premier sponsor the Security Industry Association (SIA).
In partnership with SIA, ISC West will be making educational sessions available during its 2019 ISC West show taking place April 9-12, 2019 at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas, Nev., with SIA Education@ISC kicking off the day prior to the exhibition on April 9. The comprehensive program includes 85+ accredited sessions covering a range of industry topics aimed at providing the critical knowledge attendees need to protect and defend against developing threats in today’s security landscape.
SIA Education@ISC session examples include:
- Keynote 1: Delivering Results: How DHS and Industry Partnerships Drive Security Innovation: In this session, keynote speaker William N. Bryan, acting under secretary for science and technology at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), will discuss the advances in mobility, machine learning and autonomous technologies that provide new capabilities to build resilience capacity and reduce risks.
- Keynote 2: Stadium Security – As It Was, Where It Is and Where It Is Going…: Keynote speaker Russ Butler, vice president of security for the San Francisco 49ers and Levi’s Stadium, explores the history and evolution of the ever-changing stadium security landscape.
- The Great Biometric Debate: After years of promise, biometrics are finally on the rise toward pervasive use. The audience will benefit from a detailed and spirited debate, tempered with a moderator that is an expert in cryptography, identity and applied authentication models across information and physical domains.
- Integrating Millennials Into Security Organizations: Today, one in three workers is a millennial, but millennials represent only a fraction of membership in security professional associations. This highly interactive session will feature a simulation in generational dynamics with a panel discussion from three generations of security practitioners: Baby Boomer, Gen Xer and Millennial.
- Meet the Jetsons: Understanding the Promise and Challenges of Smart Cities: Smart cities are now a reality, not just in the U.S., but across the globe. This session will address issues of technology governance to ensure that smart systems are protected and able to serve their human masters without impinging on privacy and civil liberties.
- How to Adapt to Address Drone Security: With the rapid deployment of small drones across the globe, security organizations are scrambling to become familiar with the threat they represent as well as with ways to use this new technology as a force-multiplying asset. Learn from drone industry professionals and a physical security design engineer about the realistic applications of drone systems and counter-drone solutions that can protect organizations and facilities.
- Smart Cities, Smart Buildings and the Evolution of the Converged Security Approach: This transformative session will discuss the future of security from the managing of traffic lights/traffic flow, power grids, ports and transportation systems. Included in this conversation will be the understanding of the use of cameras, access control, gunshot detection, open source intelligence social analyzers (OSINT), Internet of Things devices, cyber information, video management, predictive maintenance for critical infrastructure and entry solutions.
In addition to programming with SIA, ISC West offers complimentary hands-on vendor solution sessions and unmanned security educational sessions, including:
- Unmanned Theater: Drones 2.0 – The Next Generation of Flying Robots
- Unmanned Theater: Multi-Layer Security: Requirements of a Drone World
- Unmanned Theater: Cyber-Physical Security: How to Evaluate a Counter-Drone System
- Axis Communications: From Campuses to Communities: How Smart Technologies Are Driving Our Future
- Intel: Intel OpenVINO Toolkit Workshop
- Verkada: Modernizing Enterprise Video Security
See the full list of education sessions here.
“It’s our ongoing mission to arm attendees with the knowledge, strategies and tactics they need to make the most informed decisions possible when dealing with today’s cyber-physical and public safety security threats,” said Will Wise, group vice president, security portfolio at Reed Exhibitions. “This year, we have many new speakers and are covering a gamut of topics – from drones to stadiums security to the developments with smart city technology – facilitating thought leadership between security industry peers looking to advance their knowledge on the most pressing issues.”
In addition to the standard education sessions, ISC West and SIA will be holding the SIA Women in Security Forum Breakfast @ ISC West on Friday, April 12.
“Sharing new knowledge on emerging trends, technologies and best practices in security is the cornerstone of the SIA and ISC West partnership,” said Elli Voorhees, director of education for SIA. “Our robust education program offerings cover a wide range of topics that appeal to all ISC West attendees – from product manufacturers and integrators to professionals supporting sales, marketing, IT and business operations efforts. Our goal is to foster peer-to-peer learning on the most current technological and physical security solutions and business practices, providing attendees with essential information to help them improve organizational performance and gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.”
To read more about ISC West 2019, click here.