Pivot3, a provider of intelligent infrastructure solutions, experienced continued growth in Q1 2019 with enterprise and Fortune 1000 customers representing nearly 80 percent of bookings. This growth has been driven by organizations seeking simple, easy-to-deploy IoT and hybrid cloud solutions that address industry-specific challenges. Pivot3 is architected for resilience and is able to manage massive volumes of data, making the company uniquely positioned to handle IoT use cases.
Pivot3’s developments in Q1 2019 include:
- Continued growth in the quarter, with enterprise and Fortune 1000 customers delivering nearly 80 percent of sales in Q1, as well as continued expansion of deployments with existing Pivot3 customers.
- Expansion of its executive leadership team with former Dell EMC and Panasonic executive Rance Poehler joining as vice president of global sales and former Dell EMC executive Dan Flood joining as vice president of U.S. sales.
- Continued growth of customers deploying multiple use cases on Pivot3’s platform, with deal sizes of multi-use case deployments averaging two to three times larger than single use case implementations.
- Continued growth in IoT use cases, in conjunction with the company’s Lenovo partnership, to deliver mission critical solutions such as video-based smart cities and safe campus deployments across the globe. Through the partnership, Lenovo and Pivot3 helped a Middle East hospitality customer secure their sprawling hotel complex, meeting their mission critical requirements for resilience, security and manageability. Together, they delivered a successful security solution, efficiently capturing and managing their security video data. The project protects their brand, reduces their risk of data loss and system failure and lowers cost of ownership, while also reducing their need for advanced technical skills.
- Common Criteria certification for its Acuity hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) software platform under an Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 2+, assuring government agencies around the world that Pivot3 provides the infrastructure necessary to mitigate emerging threats without compromising security and resilience.
- Advanced certification of its HCI platform with Genetec Security Center to deliver a robust security and IoT solution designed to support video-intensive, mission critical environments with triple the performance of prior generations.
“Seventy-five percent of new data is created in video format," said Wilfredo Sotolono, chief customer officer, Lenova Data Center Group. "We see enormous market potential for video-based infrastructure solutions like security and surveillance. With Pivot3, we are bringing unique, intelligent video-based solutions to market that solve real customer challenges. We are pleased to be going to market with Pivot3 in these critical use cases.”