Star Asset Security Evolves Into True Managed Services Model
Star Asset Security, a woman-owned provider of IT, security and life safety systems integration solutions, recently announced its decision to evolve its traditional security integration business into a true managed services model with the primary focus of helping businesses solve problems through technology, automation and analytics.
“We are excited to take everything we learned in our IT managed services business and apply it to the physical security industry to create a true managed physical security service,” said Chris A. Davis, chief technology officer, Star Asset Security.
Star Asset Security has dedicated its entire focus to service assurance by creating an in-house Security Operations Center (SOC) to proactively mitigate risk by providing real-time alerts with 24/7/365 health monitoring capabilities and end-to-end management. Service assurance takes an IT-centric approach with people, processes and automated technology to ensure optimal service levels, promptly resolving issues and reducing downtime. This model provides customers with a cost-efficient way to reduce liabilities, ensure compliance and increase safety through the following blend of features:
- Proactive monitoring through advanced tools and predictive artificial intelligence safeguards physical security and IT networks.
- Service desk support delivers multi-location support for incidents through service level agreements. Certified physical security technicians use automation and technology to process tickets and provide notifications in real time.
- Field support is dispatched by our team for cases that can’t be solved remotely.
- Cyber security management provides customers with advanced anti-malware endpoint protection and intrusion detection on managed devices, patching and ongoing firmware updates.
- Program management provides a customized user experience with dashboards, reports and portals that are tailored to a customer’s business processes and standards.
- Project support manages new locations, hardware upgrades and new technology rollouts.
“Utilizing the management tools and best practices from our ION247 IT managed services business has allowed our physical security business to evolve into a proactive managed services business model we simply could not have achieved with our traditional security integrator back-office systems,” said Jack Johnson, vice president, Star Asset Security.