ASIS International, the world's largest membership organization for security management professionals, announced its lineup of new game changer sessions for Global Security Exchange (GSX) 2019, to be held Sept. 8-12 at Chicago’s McCormick Place, which offer valuable insights and information on technologies that are rapidly changing today’s paradigm for security professionals.
“The ever-changing landscape for security professionals around the globe remains complex,” said Christina Duffey, president, ASIS International. “As part of an ongoing effort to continually enhance the value GSX provides for all attendees, our new game changers education track will provide multiple perspectives from thought leaders to not only help our audience stay informed about new and disruptive technologies, but also maintain a competitive edge and elevate expertise across their organizations.”
The GSX 2019 game changer lineup consists of five thought-provoking sessions:
- Experts from the federal agency perspective, including Angela Stubblefield, deputy associate administrator for security and hazardous materials safety at Federal Aviation Administration, and Joseph Rios, chief engineer for NASA’s UAS Traffic Management (UTM) project, will deliver a state-of-the-industry update on drones and how their use is expanding and changing. “The Ever-Changing Drone Landscape: What You Need to Know,” will cover upcoming regulatory issues along with expert predictions on the future of drones. Monday, Sept. 9 10:30 – 11:45 a.m. CST
- Digital transformation is now affecting every aspect of our home and work lives. In “Accelerating Digital Transformation: Insights and Applications,” attendees will learn how successful organizations are changing the fundamentals of business to keep ahead of the competition in today’s digital economy —and how this impacts a company's security programs. This session will be delivered by Brian Tuskan, chief security officer at Microsoft Corporation, Phil Halpin, senior vice president and head of global security at Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., as well as panelists from other industry sectors to be announced. Monday, Sept. 9 1:15 – 2:30 p.m. CST
- Cannabis is one of the hottest topics in the news right now, and its legalization carries many implications for the security industry. GSX attendees won’t want to miss “The Current and Changing Cannabis Landscape: An Industry Overview,” in which co-founder and CEO of Marijuana Business Daily, Cassandra Farrington, will share current trends, state-by-state policy developments and changes in the U.S. and international marketplace. This objective and apolitical perspective will aid in understanding current challenges and what’s ahead for this fast-evolving industry. Tuesday, Sept. 10 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. CST
- Helping professionals deliver strong leadership in today’s volatile security environment is the topic of “Using High Beam Leadership to Navigate Disruption and Change,” delivered by Scott Klososky, founder and principal at TriCorps Technologies. Attendees will discover which skills they need to grow, and how to apply them successfully in order to emerge stronger and more resilient. Wednesday, Sept. 11 3:45 – 4:45 p.m.
- Deviant Ollam, physical penetration specialist and founding partner/lead instructor at The CORE Group, will provide security practitioners with practical guidance for all aspects of penetration testing. In his session, “Finding Chinks in the Armor: Getting More Value from Your Penetration Testing,” Ollam — who literally wrote the book on practical lock picking — will offer his insights along with real-world examples of the kinds of vulnerabilities that are present and growing all around us. Thursday, Sept. 12 10:30 – 11:15 a.m.
For more information about the game changer sessions at GSX, visit https://www.gsx.org/security-education-conference/game-changer-sessions/. To view the complete education lineup, or to register, visit www.gsx.org.