dormakaba, a provider of access control solutions, has doubled its manufacturing capabilities in Phoenix by moving into a new facility the company calls the Americas Hollow Metal Center of Excellence. The new 100,000 square foot facility allows for completely connected, innovative and efficient hollow metal manufacturing. The company will produce hollow metal, elevation, corner and arch top and lock seam, seamless edge, slope top and arch top doors at this location.
“Investing in this facility, and the Phoenix community in general, was an easy decision for us,” said Michael Kincaid, COO, dormakaba. “We have a strong and resilient workforce here, and they are incredibly passionate about the products they produce and the customers they serve; these are characteristics that enable truly great things. Being the trusted leader in smart access solutions starts with the best people, and that is why we are investing in Phoenix.”
The new facility went online in December 2019 with full production initiated in January 2020. The company’s goal for this Hollow Metal Center of Excellence is to provide customers with faster, more dependable custom hollow metal doors and frames.
dormakaba says the new facility:
- Expands capacity to support growth and lead times
- Improves customer service and confirms consistent quality standards
- Develops a best-in-class workforce for automation, lean manufacturing and supply chain management
- Extends fabrication capabilities, including customer orders
- Utilizes several new manufacturing systems to improve sustainability including a new Schroder bending machine for door line to increase capacity, new glue and assembly booth, new exhaust system for grinding, additional punch press for small parts area and a new paint system