AES-IntelliNet (AES), a division of AES Corp., Peabody, Mass., announced a technology partnership with ipDatatel Inc. (IPD) of Sugar Land, Texas, to deliver integrated smartphone and Web-based interactive services integrated with its mesh radio communication subscribers. This best-in-class combination, joining long-range mesh radio alarm communications with interactive services (“Powered by ipDatatel”) over Internet, is unprecedented in the industry, AES-IntelliNet described.
“This technology partnership with ipDatatel allows us to continue offering the speed, reliability and zero monthly communications cost of AES radio communications, plus IP-based interactive services that enable our customers to better serve their clients,” described Tom Kenty, general manager of AES-IntelliNet. “No longer will AES alarm dealers and integrators be forced to compromise and utilize cellular to achieve interactive services.”
AES-IntelliNet will offer interactive services as an option with the all-new 7650 Freedom Series subscribers, as well as provide an upgrade path for existing installed AES subscribers. The AES interactive services are designed to work across multiple alarm panel brands and models, beginning with select Honeywell, DSC, and GE NetworX alarm panels on the initial release, according to AES IntelliNet.
Some of the interactive features offered in the first release to both residential and commercial applications will include, but are not limited to:
• AES Virtual keypad enables full remote keypad operation through a secure Web portal and smartphone (Apple iOS and Android) applications;
• Check current system status and arm system — home, away, instant;
• Bypass zones;
• Silence alarms and/or disarm;
• Access keypad programming mode to make changes;
• View event log and receive event notification via SMS and/or email;
• Manage multiple systems such as home and office from same app;
• Remote upload/download to select Honeywell alarm panels using Compass.
For information, visit www.aes-intellinet.com.