AES-IntelliNet (AES), a division of AES Corp., Peabody, Mass., announced a technology partnership with ipDatatel Inc., of Sugar Land, Texas, to deliver integrated smartphone and Web-based interactive services integrated with its mesh radio communication subscribers. This combination of long-range mesh radio communications with interactive services over Internet is unprecedented in the industry, AES said.
“This technology partnership with ipDatatel allows us to continue offering the speed, reliability and zero monthly communications cost of AES radio communications, plus IP-based interactive services that enable our customers to better serve their clients,” described Tom Kenty, general manager of AES-IntelliNet. “No longer will AES alarm dealers and integrators be forced to compromise and utilize cellular to achieve interactive services.”
AES will offer interactive services as an option for new 7650 Freedom Series subscribers and provide an upgrade path for existing subscribers. The services work with multiple alarm panels, beginning with select Honeywell, DSC, and GE NetworX panels.
Some of the interactive features offered in the first release will include, but are not limited to:
• AES Virtual keypad enables remote operation via secure Web portal and smartphone applications;
• Check current system status and arm system — home, away, instant;
• Bypass zones;
• Silence alarms and/or disarm;
• Access keypad programming mode to make changes;
• View event log and receive event notification via SMS and/or email;
• Manage multiple systems such and home and office from same app;
• Remote upload/download to select Honeywell panels using Compass.
For information, visit www.aes-intellinet.com.