ASIS International Introduces New Board Members
ASIS International, Alexandria, Va., announced Dave N. Tyson, CPP, will serve as its 2015 president. Tyson will be the 60th president of ASIS, succeeding Richard E. Widup, Jr., CPP, who will become chairman of the board for ASIS in 2015. In their leadership positions, both Tyson and Widup will also serve on the board management committee of the board of directors. The board management committee directs the activities between meetings of the full board. These volunteer leaders maintain the strategic continuity of the programs, products and services provided by ASIS. The full 2015 ASIS board management committee will be comprised of the following five people:
- President: Dave N. Tyson, CPP, senior director, global information security, business process and technology, SC Johnson & Son Inc., Racine, Wis.
- President-elect: David C. Davis, CPP, senior manager, sector security, Northrup Grumman, Fairfax, Va.
- Treasurer: Thomas J. Langer, CPP, vice president security, BAE Systems Inc., Arlington, Va.
- Secretary: Richard E. Chase, CPP, PCI, PSP, chief security officer and vice president, security, safety, and environmental health, General Atomics, San Diego.
- Chairman of the Board: Richard E. Widup, Jr., CPP, associate director, global corporate security, North America, Mead Johnson Nutrition, Evansville, Ind.
The office of the secretary was filled through an election by the board of directors on September 29 at the ASIS International 60th Annual Seminar and Exhibits, held in Atlanta. Two new members were elected in August to serve on the board of directors, and will serve a three-year term (2015-2017). The two new members are: Jaime P. Owens, CPP, security branch supervisor, Autoridad Del Canal De Panama, Panama City, and John A. Petruzzi, Jr., CPP, vice president, enterprise security operations, Time Warner Cable, New York City.
Darryl R. Branham, CPP, director, global security, Avnet Inc., Phoenix, was elected to a second term, and four others will continue to serve on the 2015 ASIS board of directors. The continuing members are: Christina Duffey, CPP, vice president, operations, Paragon Security, Toronto, Canada; Godfried Hendriks, CPP, managing director and consultant, GOING Consultancy, BV, Zeist, Netherlands; Richard F. Lisko, CPP, vice president, business development, Allied Barton Security Services, Houston, and Joseph H. McDonald, CPP, PSP, chief security officer, Switch Communications Group, Las Vegas. The newly elected board will assume their positions on January1, 2015.