The Security Industry Association (SIA) opened a call for nominees to receive the George R. Lippert Memorial Award, which is presented annually at SIA Honors Night in New York City.
The award honors a distinguished individual from a SIA Member company for long-term, selfless service to the security industry and to SIA. SIA Honors Night is scheduled for Nov. 16 in New York City, concurrent with ISC East.
To qualify, a nominee for the award must be:
- employed in the security industry for more than 10 years with a manufacturer, integrator/dealer, distributor or service company;
- affiliated with a company that is a SIA Member in good standing;
- respected as a leader in SIA and the industry;
- viewed as a goodwill ambassador for SIA and the industry, as demonstrated by activities with various industry segments, such as regulatory agencies, industry associations, etc.; and
- recognized as honest, responsible, courteous and kind.
When evaluating candidates nominated for the award, the SIA Lippert Award Committee will consider their long-term service to SIA and the security industry, the impact of their efforts on behalf of SIA and the industry, and their integrity, leadership and diplomacy as demonstrated in industry dealings.
Deadline for the submission of nominees is Thursday, Sept. 1.
Nominate a qualified individual of outstanding character by filling out a form online at the SIA website here.
Please direct any specific questions about the Lippert Award or the nomination process to Alain Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-804-4711.