SIA Offers OSDP Boot Camp
Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP) is an access control communications standard developed by SIA to improve interoperability among access control and security products. With the protocol now in wide use by many top product developers, including Cypress Technologies, HID Global, LenelS2, Mercury, WaveLynx and others, knowledge of how to design, specify and configure OSDP systems is becoming vital for security systems integrators, government security teams, corporate security practitioners and specifying consultants.
The SIA OSDP Boot Camp, held Tuesday, June 25, at SIA offices in Silver Spring, Md., is for anyone interested in implementing OSDP as a protocol and/or seeking to deploy modern access control systems — especially for security systems integrators, security specifiers/consultants and managers, directors and technical staff responsible for the security at government facilities and corporate environments.
At the SIA OSDP Boot Camp, you will:
- prepare yourself to do business with sophisticated firms that demand current security technologies;
- receive the information, resources and training you need to train your team on OSDP;
- gain the skills to transition from legacy access control like Wiegand to today’s modern technologies;
- learn to interface Internet of Things devices with cybersecurity requirements in mind;
- receive training on the use of OSDP with federal government personal identity verification (PIV)-compliant access and identity systems.
Instructors of the SIA OSDP Boot Camp course are access control, integration and cybersecurity experts who have helped guide and advance this standard to its forthcoming standard recognition by the American National Standards Institute and the International Electrotechnical Commission.
Date/Time: Tuesday, June 25, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. (EDT)
Location: Security Industry Association (SIA) offices, 8405 Colesville Rd, Suite 500, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Visit https://bit.ly/2HTDUN0 for more information about the event or to register.