This year at ISC West, Honeywell will highlight expanded connectivity for homes and businesses, as well as technology advancements in false-alarm reduction and wireless fire detection.
While the connected home and building have been areas of focus for the company, this year’s ISC West attendees will see momentum from the merger of Honeywell’s security and fire businesses. The company will showcase technology from recently announced acquisitions that broaden the company’s portfolio of offerings for security professionals.
Some of those include additions to the family of Honeywell Total Connect Remote Services, revamped AlarmNet services, and the SWIFT 2.0 family of wireless smoke detectors. Additionally, Honeywell will showcase video alarm verification technology from recently acquired RSI Video Technologies, and the longest-range PIR detector in the industry from recently acquired Xtralis.
ISC West attendees will also have a chance to participate in an educational session on physical security standards in the utilities industry, which is currently undergoing significant changes in order to better secure the national power grid. In particular, Honeywell will present ways substation operators can prepare for the impending CIP-014-1 regulations and install integrated systems to ensure compliance.
“Connected means a lot more than simply connecting a thermostat or camera to a smartphone app,” said David Paja, president, Honeywell Security & Fire. “Today’s home and business owners expect entire ecosystems of comprehensive, intuitive platforms that integrate with business objectives, and industry standards. Honeywell has made great strides in delivering that connectivity over the past year.”
Technology highlights will include:
- Expanded Honeywell Total Connect Remote Services ecosystem ― Honeywell Total Connect Remote Services is compatible with SkyBell smart video doorbell, which allows homeowners to access live video from a doorbell on the Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 iOS app. The service is also compatible with August Smart Lock from August Home, giving homeowners more options to use their iOS mobile devices for locking and unlocking doors. And, releasing soon is support for Honeywell’s Total Connect Comfort Wi-Fi and RedLINK connected thermostats. These integrations highlight Honeywell’s ability to widen its product portfolio and provide complete control through one intuitive app.
- AlarmNet 360 ― a new cloud-based system that allows dealers to simplify how they manage accounts and streamline installations.
- SWIFT 2.0 ― devices designed to make fire systems more reliable through mesh-network technologies that provide redundant communication paths, ensuring alarm signals are properly relayed.
- Video Alarm Verification ― As part of the RSI acquisition, Honeywell gained a unique video alarm verification offering for residential settings that combines do-it-yourself (DIY) installation with professional monitoring.
- Lyric Security and Home Control System ― Honeywell’s newest connected home platform, the Lyric Security and Home Control System, is comprised of a controller and keypad that simplifies the user experience. It also helps dealers strengthen their relationships with customers using advanced sensor technology and the AlarmNet 360 portal.
- MAXPRO Cloud ― A first-of-its kind security management tool that combines video and access control on a cloud-based platform. MAXPRO Cloud is ideal for owners of small- and mid-size business who manage multiple sites such as retail outlets.
- Xtralis ― Through its recent acquisition of Xtralis, Honeywell now has cutting-edge passive infrared (PIR) detection technology that provides best-in-class reliability and accuracy, with 360-degree surveillance capabilities.
“Our goal is to equip security dealers and central stations with the tools they need to satisfy their customers, and today that means using smart devices to help drive business growth and streamline operations,” Paja said. “From partnering with law enforcement to develop better life-saving alarm technology, to providing new customer segments like Millennials with DIY solutions that can be professionally monitored, our new acquisitions and user-centric technology innovations support that goal.”
ISC West attendees may visit Honeywell at Booth 14025 at ISC West. The utilities presentation will take place on April 6 at 12:30 p.m. in room 302.