Blue Ridge Monitoring Obtains TMA Five Diamond Monitoring Center Designation
The Monitoring Association (TMA) announced that Blue Ridge Monitoring – Anderson, SC has obtained the prestigious “TMA Five Diamond Monitoring Center” designation. This designation is granted annually to monitoring centers that satisfy all of the requirements of TMA’s five points of excellence.
The TMA Five Diamond designation means, in particular, that a monitoring company has demonstrated an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to their local community and their customers through the investment of time, money and commitment to quality operator training. Operators serve as the life-saving link between residential or business properties and the police, fire and emergency services in local areas. The TMA Monitoring Center Operator course covers virtually all phases of monitoring center communications with customers, police, fire and emergency services communications centers. In order to achieve the Five Diamond designation, each operator must not only pass the course, but demonstrate:
• proficiency in alarm confirmation process, which helps reduce false alarms;
• proficiency in communications with public service answering points, such as the emergency 911 centers;
• knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including, cellular, radio and internet communication systems;
• an understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories,
Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others; and
• proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities.
There are approximately 2,700 monitoring centers in the U.S. that communicate and interact with police, fire and emergency services agencies. Of this group, fewer than two hundred monitoring centers have achieved the Five Diamond designation, setting these companies apart.