Properly Securing Wiring
All Answers relate to NFPA 70, 2017 Edition
1. NFPA 3 is also referred to as ___________________.
A. Standard for Integrated Fire Protection and Life Safety System Testing
B. Standard for Commissioning of Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems
C. The National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
D. Standard for Finalizing Fire Alarm Installations and Cutover to Owner
2. The current edition of the Standard for Commissioning of Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems is ___________.
3. On August 21, 2017 the Standard for Commissioning of Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems was approved as a(n) _____________ standard.
4. The “Scope” of Standard for Commissioning of Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems is found in which of the following section(s)?
B. Chapter 1 Administration
C. Chapter 2 Referenced Publications
D. Chapter 3 Definitions
5. Nonmandatory provisions of NFPA 3 _____________.
A. are incorporated into the text of the document
B. are not included within the document
C. may be considered a part of the requirements of the standard
D. will be located in the appendix, annex, footnote, informational note, or some other means
3.2.5 NFPA 3
6. The Fire Commissioning Agent shall be _____________.
A. licensed by the state they are in
B. NICET Level II, minimum
C. knowledgeable and experienced
D. NICET Level IV
7. The commissioning team shall provide guidance to the design team for including the following in the design of fire protection systems except:
A. material and equipment installation meets the applicable listing of the products
B. the material and equipment has the capacity to perform as intended
C. the appropriateness of the application of the fire protection systems
D. the installation team and the alarm monitoring center
EMT is not to be threaded.
8. The operation and maintenance manual shall contain the following except:
A. product data sheets
B. equipment installation instructions
C. equipment operating manuals
D. complete set of as-built blueprints showing the design and layout of the system
9. The provisions of NPFA 3 shall always apply to new installations.
10. Because only mandatory provisions are contained within the standard, the word “should” is not included in the definitions and only appears in the appendix or annex material.
11. Which of the following NFPA documents is not listed in the References for Extracts in Mandatory Sections?
According to NFPA 3, the commissioning plan shall contain 10 specific items. Name them.
Click here to see the answer.
Answer to: Bonus Question
Answer found in NFPA 3, Section 18.104.22.168
- Commissioning scope
- General project information
- Fire protection and life safety systems commissioning team members, roles, and responsibilities
- General communication plan and protocol
- Commissioning process tasks and activities through all phases
- Commissioning schedule
- Commissioning process documentation and deliverables
- Testing procedures, including integrated systems testing
- Recommended training
- Establishment frequency for integrated systems testing, as applicable