More than ever before, who a security dealer chooses to work with to get their products — whether a manufacturer or distributor — mattered in 2021. With supply chain shortages cited more than any other factor in how their company performed, SDM 100 companies relied heavily on trusted providers to keep their projects flowing as smoothly as possible, given the challenges. SDM 100 companies operate in a wide variety of geographical and vertical markets, including both residential and commercial business, and educational, government, commercial and institutional customers. These 100 largest U.S.-based security companies are ranked by their recurring monthly revenue (RMR) on the annual SDM 100 Report.
SDM asked each of the 2022 SDM 100 companies to share their top three manufacturers and top three distributors, based on volume purchased. The resulting lists below represents the largest portion of the vendors security companies in the installation and monitoring channel rely on a wide variety of suppliers.
These brand-usage lists were compiled from the 2022 SDM 100 Report. Out of the 100 companies ranked, 80 of them listed their manufacturing partners and 75 shared their distributor partners. SDM combined all of their responses, and ranked the manufacturers and distributors by the number of mentions each received. Beyond the top 10 manufacturers and top six distributors, mentions were distributed fairly evenly among wide variety of other suppliers.
Top Manufacturers Used by the SDM 100
- Honeywell (includes the brands of Fire-Lite Alarms, Notifier, Silent Knight, System Sensor)
- DMP (Digital Monitoring Products)
- Johnson Controls Inc. (includes the Tyco Security Products brands of DSC, Software House, and Qolsys)
- Stanley Security (includes the brands of Sonitrol and 3xLogic)
- Resideo Technologies
- Brivo (also includes Eagle Eye)
- Carrier (includes the brands of UTC, LenelS2, and Edwards/Kidde)
- Motorola (includes the brands Avigilon and Pelco)
- Nortek Security & Control LLC (includes the brands of Linear and 2GIG)
Security dealers ranked on the SDM 100 were asked to name their top three manufacturers in order of volume purchased from them. Their answers were compiled, and companies were ranked in order of how frequently they were cited. The top 10 reported vendors are presented here.
Top Distributors Used by the SDM 100
- PSA Security Network*
- Stanley Security/Sonitrol*
- Alarmax Distributors Inc.
*Tie. Companies are presented alphabetically
Security dealers ranked on the SDM 100 were asked to name their top three distributors in order of volume purchased from them. Their answers were compiled, and companies were ranked in order of how frequently they were cited. The top six distributors are presented here.